Sweet Potato Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups veggie broth, or enough to cover sweet potatoes
- 1-2 cans or 15-30 oz chili beans
- 25.5 oz Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
Prep time: 10 min. | Cook time: 35 min. | Total time: 45 min.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Add onions and sauté until translucent (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in cumin, chili powder, paprika, and salt.
- Add sweet potatoes and stir until covered with seasonings.
- Stir in tomato sauce and beans.
- Add veggie broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are soft.
Serve topped with cashew cream or your favorite chili toppings.